Saturday, February 24, 2007

ACEO's


I've recently discovered ACEO's (I know, where have I been). My preferred style seldom affords the time to complete large canvases and so their size (3.5" by 2.5") is ideal. It also closely corresponds to the pages in my moleskine - so sketches can be easily transposed into 'finished' artwork. Not everyone has loft apartments to hang huge canvases - ACEO's are affordable and easily displayed. They can be changed regularly so you're not stuck with them and can be sent easily through the post as gifts. I just like the fact that I can flit from idea to idea and still end up with completed pictures without becoming bored, as I would if I spent days/weeks painting the same thing.

This ACEO is called 'Peloton' - mixed media on 325gsm watercolour paper.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Nice job! I really like it. Great colors against the stark white backround.
You should add a link to your item on eBay if you have it listed for sale.

jfidz said...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for the positive comment. The background is actually a very pale blue but the scan didn't pick it up. I've not thought about sales but you've got me wondering. I did sell some artwork on ebay a couple of years ago but have heard their charges are quite high nowadays.