Tuesday, November 19, 2013

timeline

Today I've been busy putting up an art timeline around the room. I've tried to place the artists according to the timespan during which they were active - its not precise! Its simply to inform the children of the approximate era in which certain well-known artists plied their trade.
 

The timeline stretches around 3 sides of the room beginning with the Romans at 0! I'm not going to extend it BC but am putting up pictures that represent Greek, Egyptian and 'cave' art in the windows on the 4th side, immediately prior to the timeline start (if that makes sense).
It all took far longer than I thought it would - having to print out each artists label, find suitable artworks, print them out, trim them and then finally blu-tack it all in place! Tomorrow I'm planning to unpack, assemble and become familiar with the new kiln!

No comments: