Monday, July 1, 2013

poetry

At short notice today I had to cover one of our Y2 classes. They've been studying dinosaurs and are about to do a Literacy unit on poetry - so I combined them and, together, we created a collaborative poem. After brainstorming rhyming words we drafted out a simple 4 line poem. I then showed them how it could be presented as a small booklet where the surprise (the loud roar) isn't revealed until the last page by means of a pop-up! This is my example that I quickly mocked up whilst the children were in assembly. I guided them step by step through creating their own - which they eagerly took home at the end of the day to 'scare' their parents!
 
Front cover;
 



 
This pic shows how we constructed the book from a single sheet (the standard origami book).


No comments: