Sunday, September 9, 2012

bareback rider

Over the hols my wife 'bullied' me into getting an ipad! Am slowly getting to grips with it and thought I'd try and add an entry to this blog using it. Failed miserably! I managed to take a photo (using the ipad) of a recent sketch but then for the life of me couldn't insert it into my blog.I ended up doing it the usual way - digital camera, SD card onto laptop, laptop into blog.
Any help or advice as to how to do it solely on the ipad would be most welcome as it would certainly remove a lot of the faff and be much more flexible.
The sketch came about after having seen an artist on the quayside at La Rochelle. She had a range of images for sale (at what I thought were quite steep prices) and one that caught my eye was of a lady standing on the back of a horse. I copied the essence of the pose but drew it in my own 'style' ;
 
 
 
I had to stick several sheets of A4 paper together to get it as I wanted it. Unfortunately I forgot to get the name of the artist and didn't have my camera with me to take any photos. Might reproduce this as a shaded drawing as I don't think I'd be able to do it justice as a painting.

No comments: