Sunday, September 16, 2012

more finds

Came across a huge outdoor 'jumble sale' in town yesterday. Spotted these and snapped them up - though not too sure what I'm going to do with them! They appear to be gaming pieces. They are metal and the stand works as a small spring, making the horse and rider wobble backwards and forwards. If anyone can shed any light I'd be most grateful. Each piece stands about 5cm (2") tall.
 
The sad thing is that there are only 17 legs and 4 tails between all 5 pieces.
 
 
 

Also bagged a scrabble game with wooden letter tiles that I was going to sell on - but my wife might have nabbed them for jewellery purposes! Interestingly, being a German set the o's and u's have umlauts.

1 comment:

Gretel said...

Ooh lucky you, they are gorgeous! I've got four similar lead horses, but not on springs. They are, as you guessed, leftover parts of a racing game, I suppose the wobble action made them seem more lifelike - oh the laughs! (Kids were a lot more easily pleased then!)